Emergencies and Urgent Care
Prompt and timely care, when you need it most
If you, the primary policy holder, or any of your beneficiaries have a medical emergency, please take your ID card to the Emergency Room or Urgent Care of the Hospital Metropolitano branch nearest you. You will be treated as quickly as possible.
You Should Know...
- No appointment is required.
- You do not need to contact the MediSmart Call Center in advance.
- You do not need to present your MediSmart ID card.
- Your case will be evaluated by a 24-hour general practitioner.
- In the Emergency area, and depending on your case and diagnosis, services may include nursing services, observation, and medical supplies, in addition to your consultation with the General Practitioner. For these services, MediSmart covers 15% of costs and does not include the cost of medical specialist availability.